Please see below the options offered for your staff or group. All classes are based on groups of 5 – 25 people and each session comes with clear written instructions for participants to take home with them. Each course is tailored to the organisation and type of group it is for, with the wishes of the organizer/manager taken into account. One to one stress management coaching is also offered if private sessions are needed
For more info on the symptoms of stress and how it can impact our bodies and lives please have a look at https://catherinestrang.com/why-does-stress-make-us-ill/
Single Session – 1 to 2 Hours: This session would invite participants to begin thinking about the areas of their lives where stress impacts the most and acknowledge where they may feel out of control. Simple introductory strategies will then be suggested, some of them practiced and the session will finish with a guided relaxation. Notes will be given so that what was discussed and experienced can be continued at home
Courses – Two to Ten Weeks: A course lasting more than 5 weeks would also include evaluation forms to monitor any changes made, physically, mentally and emotionally. A course will allow for a deeper exploration of all the ways stress affects our lives, how to combat this and begin reversing any damage that has occurred so far.
Full or Half Day: Would suit away days/weekends and well-being events. A chance to go into stress management and solutions for reducing stress and implementing change more thoroughly. If it’s short breakaway sessions you are interested in then the the emphasis would be on simple relaxation with a few tips for managing stress in the moment.
Regular Ongoing Sessions – 30 to 60 minutes: These are shorter sessions with more of an emphasis on relaxation.
One to one Coaching Sessions – 1 to 2 Hours: This resembles a private therapy session (and may indeed turn into one if the stress overload is overwhelming) but the emphasis is on how you can reduce stress and implement new strategies for change in your life in whatever area you are experiencing the stress. Whether this is from relationship conflict (work or personal), work overload, financial worry, being a carer, feelings of dissatisfaction in life or perhaps feeling out of control in one or more areas of life or within yourself. The emphasis in this case would be how stress is impacting work morale and productivity.
Depending on type of session or how long a course is for, stress management training may include the following.
- Different forms of breath-work for in the moment and for deeper relaxation
- An evaluation of where and how stress affects you
- How stress affects us physically and how to begin reversing the damage that may have been done
- How food and lack of certain nutrients affect our mood and mental state
- Quick simple techniques based on Chinese Medicine that impact the body in powerfully positive and healthy ways
- A longer course will cover the nine areas of life and our satisfaction, or lack of, with each of these areas. The higher the satisfaction the lower our stress. Where appropriate we will look at ways to improve or make a difference to these areas.
- Therapeutic techniques to combat or manage emotional distress such as feelings of anxiety and fear, out of control anger and irritation, low mood, sadness, guilt etc.
- How to move from one task to the next with a clearer mind
- Dealing with conflict
- Stilling the mind of overthinking, worry, negative self talk and judgement of others